2nd Generation Specific 1986-1992 Discussion

Ultimate N/a, Revisited

Old 01-28-2004, 10:09 AM
  #1  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 5,426
Default

I'm sure everyone has this ideal engine in their mind they'd like to build, assuming money was no object. Anyways, I remember reading about this before, and just wanted input as to what could make it better (aside from forced induction, NO2, or more rotors).



renisis high comp rotors

84-85 e-shaft, or lightened e-shaft

hardened fd stationary gears

ianetti ceramic apex seals

fd oil pressure regulator

fd front cover, or a tec3 trigger wheel?

48 ida webber style intake

TII rotor housings

4-port side housings

TWM throttle body (or something similar)

programmable ECU



Am I missing anything? I've been going over this, finding new prices vs. used, cutting costs by going carb instead, etc. The max price came to over $5k, and the minimum with carb and retaining other parts, used parts, etc. was around $2k. Sound about right?
Baldy is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 10:14 AM
  #2  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 5,426
Default

oh, and mucho porting



ok, mucho bridgeporto!!
Baldy is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 10:15 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: California
Posts: 22,466
Default

bridgeporto!
j9fd3s is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 12:19 PM
  #4  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Perrineville, NJ
Posts: 43
Default

sounds about right... let me know if you do that and how much power you have on the ground... hp's and go power (torque).... i'd love to know it might sway me by the time i'm on my next motor... i've got about 30 on the new one and i'm getting it back in the next couple of weeks with a new tranny... and eventually i'm sure i'm gonna build another new motor and i'm not sure if i want to go atkins again or just diy becuase i can do everything else on my own
rxheaven86 is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 12:29 PM
  #5  
Super Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 5,426
Default

Originally Posted by rxheaven86' date='Jan 28 2004, 02:19 PM
sounds about right... let me know if you do that and how much power you have on the ground... hp's and go power (torque).... i'd love to know it might sway me by the time i'm on my next motor... i've got about 30 on the new one and i'm getting it back in the next couple of weeks with a new tranny... and eventually i'm sure i'm gonna build another new motor and i'm not sure if i want to go atkins again or just diy becuase i can do everything else on my own
Holy crap, if I ever do this, it'll be a long time before I do. And I'd probably have like 50 threads dedicated to such a project by the time I was done with it. But yeah, you'd definitely see the results.
Baldy is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 01:04 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 10,906
Default

Ultimate n/a = turbo strapped on LOL
1Revvin7 is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 01:09 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 1,801
Default

I am still looking forward to Pengaru's dyno #'s if he decides to dyno it. I think he has one of the best NA combos on this board.
FCmaniac is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 01:11 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 10,906
Default

Originally Posted by FCmaniac' date='Jan 28 2004, 02:09 PM
I am still looking forward to Pengaru's dyno #'s if he decides to dyno it. I think he has one of the best NA combos on this board.
Who knows if he will even stick through with it, he has a turbo block in his garage now...
1Revvin7 is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 01:14 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 1,801
Default

Originally Posted by 1Revvin7' date='Jan 28 2004, 03:11 PM
Who knows if he will even stick through with it, he has a turbo block in his garage now...
That was quick. No dyno #'s for us
FCmaniac is offline  
Old 01-28-2004, 01:21 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: green brook, nj
Posts: 792
Default

wouldn't the ultimate n/a be an f1 engine taht is n/a? j/k
BrandonDrecksage is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ultimate N/a, Revisited


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.