Single Turbo Discussion Area for discussing single turbo RX-7's.

Uim Question?

Old 02-13-2004, 08:03 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 78
Default

i took the uim to polish it when i re-connected it, i am not sure if i did it right. i run a pfc. my question is how many of the connectors need to be connected on the uim for a single turbo. i think i connected all the connectors and the car idles really funny and cuts off. never had a problem before the pre-bling. thanks in advance. kvn
1fastsvn is offline  
Old 02-13-2004, 09:16 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 4,928
Default

Originally Posted by 1fastsvn' date='Feb 14 2004, 11:03 AM
i took the uim to polish it when i re-connected it, i am not sure if i did it right. i run a pfc. my question is how many of the connectors need to be connected on the uim for a single turbo. i think i connected all the connectors and the car idles really funny and cuts off. never had a problem before the pre-bling. thanks in advance. kvn
For a single turbo FD, you would need very few vacuum lines run.



1 for the map sensor

1 for the BOV

1 for the fuel pressure regulator

1 for the wastegate

1 for your aftermarket boost gauge(if you have one)

1 for your boost controller(if you have one)



I miss anything guys?
jspecracer7 is offline  
Old 02-13-2004, 10:54 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 3,346
Default

Thats all I can think of.
94touring is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 11:59 AM
  #4  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 78
Default

Originally Posted by jspecracer7' date='Feb 13 2004, 07:16 PM
For a single turbo FD, you would need very few vacuum lines run.



1 for the map sensor

1 for the BOV

1 for the fuel pressure regulator

1 for the wastegate

1 for your aftermarket boost gauge(if you have one)

1 for your boost controller(if you have one)



I miss anything guys?
jspec, thanks. i was wondering about the electrical connectors not the vacum lines. i know one of the is on the under side of the uim. does anyone of them stay disconnected when you are single. Kvn
1fastsvn is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 12:03 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: California
Posts: 22,466
Default

you should plug em all in
j9fd3s is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 02:54 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 4,928
Default

Originally Posted by 1fastsvn' date='Feb 15 2004, 02:59 AM
jspec, thanks. i was wondering about the electrical connectors not the vacum lines. i know one of the is on the under side of the uim. does anyone of them stay disconnected when you are single. Kvn
they all get plugged in except for the ones that were connected to the solenoid rack at the bottom. The one that's connected to the UIM(on the bottom) has a piece of blue electrical tape around it. It's for the air intake temp.
jspecracer7 is offline  
Old 02-14-2004, 09:57 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: ct
Posts: 112
Default

those extra plugs...can you just cut them off? or will you get errors or somthing. this is with pfc by the way.
rx7raca is offline  
Old 02-15-2004, 02:17 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 4,928
Default

Originally Posted by rx7raca' date='Feb 15 2004, 12:57 PM
those extra plugs...can you just cut them off? or will you get errors or somthing. this is with pfc by the way.
FOR THE PFC, you can cut off the plugs. BUT if you do that, there's no going back to a stock type ECU. I would suggest cutting the ends off and then putting heat shrink on each individual wire so they do not cause a short.
jspecracer7 is offline  
Old 02-16-2004, 11:53 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: ct
Posts: 112
Default

Originally Posted by jspecracer7' date='Feb 15 2004, 12:17 AM
FOR THE PFC, you can cut off the plugs. BUT if you do that, there's no going back to a stock type ECU. I would suggest cutting the ends off and then putting heat shrink on each individual wire so they do not cause a short.
so theres nothing you could put on the ends of the wires to trick the stock ecu to thinking that they are still there? Lets say, you cut off the plugs and tape them up and have them so they dont touch eachother, it would be like they were never cut...right?



im just thinking this would be better because those plugs are pretty chunky, whereas just have small wires taped up or capped or somtihng. this would be much cleaner IMO.
rx7raca is offline  
Old 02-18-2004, 08:46 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,550
Default

you will need to KEEP the following plugs



4 x Injectors

fuel rail temp sensor (optional you can remove it if you like, aftermarket fuel rails will not have this sensor)

both water temp sensor connectors on the back of the Water pump housing

Intake mani air temp sensor

Idle control valve

TPS sensor

OMP conector

Knock sensor

crank angle sensor

crank TDC sensor

O2 sensor

Primary boost control solinoid conector if you want to use the boost kit



all others can be removed
Dragon is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
OKIERX-7
2nd Gen F.A.Q.'s
9
05-01-2007 12:50 PM
RX7ryder
RX-7 & RX-8 Parts For Sale & Wanted
2
01-10-2003 10:52 AM
ChainSawOnSteroids
2nd Generation Specific
3
12-13-2002 01:45 PM
Fd3BOOST
RX-7 & RX-8 Parts For Sale & Wanted
0
10-19-2002 03:33 PM
Goodfellafd3s
RX-7 & RX-8 Parts For Sale & Wanted
0
10-18-2002 05:49 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Uim Question?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.