Single Turbo Discussion Area for discussing single turbo RX-7's.

20b PP turbo exhaust housing size?

Old 03-26-2008, 10:38 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 149
Default

I'm putting together a 20b pp turbo motor. Looking on some advice on what exhaust housing size to run om my gt45r turbo?

Thank
To_slow is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 11:50 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: California
Posts: 22,466
Default

http://www.racingbeat.com/resultset....tNumber=Engine



thats one, turbo is pretty small. exhaust ports on that engine arent big, manifold is dinky (ive seen it, and pics on the web)



you prolly want the biggest housing they make for yours
j9fd3s is offline  
Old 03-26-2008, 02:53 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 149
Default

Originally Posted by j9fd3s' post='897259' date='Mar 26 2008, 08:50 AM
http://www.racingbeat.com/resultset....tNumber=Engine



thats one, turbo is pretty small. exhaust ports on that engine arent big, manifold is dinky (ive seen it, and pics on the web)



you prolly want the biggest housing they make for yours
Thanks for the info. I forgot abut that picture .



Yes i was told to go with a big turbine housing, at least the biggest i can fit under the hood. But at the same time i don't want to go to big and my power band start to be in the high rpm, really want something mid to high range. Street cat weekend.

At the same time i really do not want to hit so hard the tires brake loose and make it uncontrollable, if you know what i mean.
To_slow is offline  
Old 03-27-2008, 03:02 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 10,906
Default

Originally Posted by To_slow' post='897277' date='Mar 26 2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the info. I forgot abut that picture .



Yes i was told to go with a big turbine housing, at least the biggest i can fit under the hood. But at the same time i don't want to go to big and my power band start to be in the high rpm, really want something mid to high range. Street cat weekend.

At the same time i really do not want to hit so hard the tires brake loose and make it uncontrollable, if you know what i mean.




Ditch the pport. You are already answering all of your questions. Retain the larger turbine housing so you don't shock load your drivetrain and tires...
1Revvin7 is offline  
Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 149
Default

Originally Posted by 1Revvin7' post='897316' date='Mar 27 2008, 01:02 AM
Ditch the pport. You are already answering all of your questions. Retain the larger turbine housing so you don't shock load your drivetrain and tires...


Looks like a 1.28 t6 turbine housing will do for now. If needed i will go bigger. I really cannot ditch the pp to much time and money in at this time.

Thanks
To_slow is offline  
Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 149
Default

Originally Posted by To_slow' post='897327' date='Mar 27 2008, 06:43 AM
Looks like a 1.28 t6 turbine housing will do for now. If needed i will go bigger. I really cannot ditch the pp to much time and money in at this time.

Thanks
Here is the pupy I'm talking about.



To_slow is offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 04:00 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 10,906
Default

Originally Posted by To_slow' post='897327' date='Mar 27 2008, 09:43 AM
Looks like a 1.28 t6 turbine housing will do for now. If needed i will go bigger. I really cannot ditch the pp to much time and money in at this time.

Thanks


I think that will be a good starting point, only you will be able to determine the best one after instrumenting the car and driving it...
1Revvin7 is offline  
Old 04-05-2008, 06:44 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 149
Default

Originally Posted by 1Revvin7' post='897908' date='Apr 4 2008, 02:00 PM
I think that will be a good starting point, only you will be able to determine the best one after instrumenting the car and driving it...
True.

I just went ahead and got a 1.44 t4 (not available in t6) housing from a-spec and machined for the 4 inch downpipe.

After speaking with some race guys that actuly ran turbo pp...... the bigger the better.



Thank for you help guys.
To_slow is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
iox106
RX-7 & RX-8 Parts For Sale & Wanted
0
09-18-2007 07:44 PM
FCs Rule
2nd Generation Specific
5
10-13-2005 11:20 PM
Latin270
Rotary Engine Building, Porting & Swaps
11
05-18-2005 10:31 AM
RotaryRevolution
3rd Generation Specific
1
02-23-2005 09:33 AM
Geoffman72
2nd Generation Specific
2
06-19-2003 12:21 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 20b PP turbo exhaust housing size?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.