Northwest Regional For Sale Forum Stuff for sale in the northwest.

Wanted: s5 power steering pump

Old 02-17-2007, 01:16 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 203
Default

Hey I'm looking for a S5 FC's power steering pump/assembly and all that stuff. I have the power steering rack just nothing else. Thanks.
Kouta is offline  
Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: central WA state
Posts: 446
Default

i gotta couple of s4's. is there a difference?
jenkin is offline  
Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 AM
  #3  
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 5,426
Default

I have an s5 power steering pump, from a '90 convertible. I had it listed in an ad for $30.
Baldy is offline  
Old 02-22-2007, 11:51 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 185
Default

Originally Posted by Kouta' post='859521' date='Feb 17 2007, 11:16 AM

Hey I'm looking for a S5 FC's power steering pump/assembly and all that stuff. I have the power steering rack just nothing else. Thanks.
I just gave one with hoses to Jeff's Automotive in Puyallup. We've been horse trading for some exhaust work we're workin on.. Going to give him my Racing beat cat back, too, one year's use on it. Nice but heavier than what we're making as I am doing a single back.



Neil
neil is offline  
Old 02-22-2007, 03:27 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 203
Default

Yeah the S4 and S5 are different from what I can find out so far... looks like N/A and Turbo may be different as well... need confirmation on this however.

I'd need the pump, resovoir, bracket, hoses, assembly... basically everything but the rack itself.



Also just a sidenote/question I guess.

If I switch over to a manual rack, would it make turning at lower speeds easier than a stripped power rack?
Kouta is offline  
Old 02-22-2007, 07:34 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 185
Default

Originally Posted by Kouta' post='860593' date='Feb 22 2007, 01:27 PM

Yeah the S4 and S5 are different from what I can find out so far... looks like N/A and Turbo may be different as well... need confirmation on this however.

I'd need the pump, resovoir, bracket, hoses, assembly... basically everything but the rack itself.



Also just a sidenote/question I guess.

If I switch over to a manual rack, would it make turning at lower speeds easier than a stripped power rack?
Yeah I gave him the pump, bracket hoses etc... My Power rack is simply sealed up. I don't recall the differance, on the pumps, if it's NA or not but there are 2 different pumps as one has the RPM speed sensor on it the other is Velocity sensor..

Call Jeff he may be able to let you know what is usable.

My car is fine with no PS, but of course I also have lightened the front end alot! (No PS or AC or brackets and port actuators etc..) Parallel parking can be tough but with even a little rolling no real big deal. Never should turn your wheels at a dead stop anyway, hard on your tires.
neil is offline  
Old 02-22-2007, 11:31 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 203
Default

Originally Posted by raincrow' post='860659' date='Feb 22 2007, 05:34 PM

Yeah I gave him the pump, bracket hoses etc... My Power rack is simply sealed up. I don't recall the differance, on the pumps, if it's NA or not but there are 2 different pumps as one has the RPM speed sensor on it the other is Velocity sensor..

Call Jeff he may be able to let you know what is usable.

My car is fine with no PS, but of course I also have lightened the front end alot! (No PS or AC or brackets and port actuators etc..) Parallel parking can be tough but with even a little rolling no real big deal. Never should turn your wheels at a dead stop anyway, hard on your tires.


Cool thanks for the heads up.

Yeah I know its bad to do that at a dead stop, but after driving the miata...

I like the ability to throw it around easy as heck at below 30mph

My front end is missing alot of stuff too... cept it still has that heavy *** steel hood.
Kouta is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 01:52 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: central WA state
Posts: 446
Default

kouta, i think i may have a ps pump etc for your s5. i picked up a storage unit full of 7 parts a while back, and there was a s5 turbo motor short block and asst parts. i can't dig through the stuff til next week though.... (too many parts to even know what i got!!)

i'll just give it to you if i can find it! can you wait for "free"? if you're coming east, i can give you a pr of hip waders and a flashlight and you can forage forparts!
jenkin is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Feve
2nd Generation Specific
18
04-08-2009 03:28 PM
krazy13
2nd Generation Specific
2
06-30-2008 04:15 PM
herblenny
RX-7 & RX-8 Parts For Sale & Wanted
0
07-12-2006 11:52 AM
Rotarydragon
2nd Generation Specific
22
09-02-2003 09:12 PM
blaze08
RX-7 & RX-8 Parts For Sale & Wanted
8
08-11-2002 07:13 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wanted: s5 power steering pump


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.