Engine Swaps All about engine changeovers,swaps and related issues.

Pictures of my progress

Old 12-04-2005, 11:00 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 163
Default

Got the water/air I/C brackets fabbed up, built the downpipe, and got the wastegate mounted. Enjoy!



[attachment=35147:attachment]

[attachment=35148:attachment]

[attachment=35149:attachment]

[attachment=35150:attachment]
RE87FC is offline  
Old 12-04-2005, 12:31 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 248
Default

niiice! but how is that water pump pulley gonna work being that close? you wouldnt happen to have a spare 3rd gen intake laying around anywhere would ya?
matts86fc3s is offline  
Old 12-04-2005, 05:02 PM
  #3  
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Amityville, New York
Posts: 12,289
Default

that sure looks nice and clean, where did you get the intercooler? you make it?
Rob x-7 is offline  
Old 12-04-2005, 06:29 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 163
Default

Originally Posted by 86fc3sMatt' post='783721' date='Dec 4 2005, 12:31 PM

niiice! but how is that water pump pulley gonna work being that close? you wouldnt happen to have a spare 3rd gen intake laying around anywhere would ya?
The hub for the water pump is about 1/4" away from the I/C, and it actually sticks out further than the pulley, so it is not an issue. I just unbolt the I/C to get the pulley on and or to change belts.





And no, I do not have a 3rd gen intake. Sorry
RE87FC is offline  
Old 12-04-2005, 06:31 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 163
Default

Originally Posted by Rob x-7' post='783795' date='Dec 4 2005, 05:02 PM

that sure looks nice and clean, where did you get the intercooler? you make it?
Thanks. I got the intercooler from Precision Turbo. I just had to make the brackets to mount it to the motor.
RE87FC is offline  
Old 12-04-2005, 08:19 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: California
Posts: 22,466
Default

neat, i like how the ic mounts
j9fd3s is offline  
Old 12-04-2005, 09:07 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Columbia IL/St. Louis MO
Posts: 2,748
Default

Very different, and clean.
rowtareh is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 12:00 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by rowtareh' post='783891' date='Dec 4 2005, 08:07 PM

Very different, and clean.
Rotorlution is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 12:02 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by RE87FC' post='783695' date='Dec 4 2005, 10:00 AM

Got the water/air I/C brackets fabbed up, built the downpipe, and got the wastegate mounted. Enjoy!



[attachment=35147:attachment]

[attachment=35148:attachment]

[attachment=35149:attachment]

[attachment=35150:attachment]


That looks great!!! Ive always wanted to do a water/air intercooler setup but I was never content on where I could mount it....But I hadnt even thought of mounting it there. How much did you pay for the intercooler? What water pump will you use? Does this setup require an extra radiator?



Thanks

Chris
Rotorlution is offline  
Old 12-06-2005, 04:46 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 163
Default

Originally Posted by Rotorlution' post='784286' date='Dec 6 2005, 12:02 PM

That looks great!!! Ive always wanted to do a water/air intercooler setup but I was never content on where I could mount it....But I hadnt even thought of mounting it there. How much did you pay for the intercooler? What water pump will you use? Does this setup require an extra radiator?



Thanks

Chris
I paid $600 for just the intercooler. I am using a Ford Racing intercooler pump used on the supercharged lightnings/Cobras. I am also using a small aluminum radiator up front for a heat exchanger as well as a small fuel cell mounted in the drivers side rear bin for a reservior to aid in cooling and be able to use ice as well. I will put pics of that stuff up this weekend.
RE87FC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pictures of my progress


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.