2nd Generation Specific 1986-1992 Discussion

Install Ease Or Pita?

Old 02-10-2005, 05:51 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Creighton Nebraska
Posts: 772
Default

there's a TII not far from me that's got a brand new rebuilt motor from atkin's that's been ported and 3MM seal's put in.. it's goin for about 2.5K, the only catch is the motor isnt even bolted in the car, so if i bought it i'd have to install and reassemble everything.. was wonderin how hard that would be and if it'd be worth the trouble, or if i should just keep my 42MPG
nightwolf_4_98 is offline  
Old 02-10-2005, 05:53 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 144
Default

buy it, and i'll buy the motor off ya.
RX7ryder is offline  
Old 02-10-2005, 06:00 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Creighton Nebraska
Posts: 772
Default

i'd have to sell my current car, so i'd have to keep the motor so i'd have somethin to drive if you want i can get you in touch with him, maybe he'll sell the motor seperate, he was talkin about sellin the shell so maybe..
nightwolf_4_98 is offline  
Old 02-10-2005, 08:03 AM
  #4  
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 2,535
Default

If you need wheels, then keep your current car (assuming it's running). Buying a car with the motor not in the car is called a "project".
1988RedT2 is offline  
Old 02-10-2005, 04:24 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Creighton Nebraska
Posts: 772
Default

Originally Posted by 1988RedT2' date='Feb 10 2005, 06:03 AM
If you need wheels, then keep your current car (assuming it's running). Buying a car with the motor not in the car is called a "project".



i know that, i was just considering it because i miss havein a rotary and the feeling of boost and this would be the best of both worlds. my current one runs fine but i only have front brakes i have no problem installing a motor and am sure i could get it done semi quick, i was just wondering how much trouble other people have had with it
nightwolf_4_98 is offline  
Old 02-10-2005, 06:44 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: California
Posts: 22,466
Default

Originally Posted by nightwolf_4_98' date='Feb 10 2005, 02:24 PM
i know that, i was just considering it because i miss havein a rotary and the feeling of boost and this would be the best of both worlds. my current one runs fine but i only have front brakes i have no problem installing a motor and am sure i could get it done semi quick, i was just wondering how much trouble other people have had with it



assuming you get all the peices its prolly about a 12hour job. you wont get all the parts though, or some will be broken, so its gonna take longer and exceed your budget, and then the crappy motor will be bad out of the box.....
j9fd3s is offline  
Old 02-10-2005, 06:55 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Creighton Nebraska
Posts: 772
Default

Originally Posted by j9fd3s' date='Feb 10 2005, 04:44 PM
assuming you get all the peices its prolly about a 12hour job. you wont get all the parts though, or some will be broken, so its gonna take longer and exceed your budget, and then the crappy motor will be bad out of the box.....



well its a brand new rebuild, so if it was bad it should be covered under some kind of warrenty by the shop shouldnt it? it looks like this guy was just about to put the motor in and then just kinda lost intrest, so im pretty sure it has everything.. only thing about the car that is a downer is he primered it
nightwolf_4_98 is offline  
Old 02-10-2005, 07:40 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: California
Posts: 22,466
Default

Originally Posted by nightwolf_4_98' date='Feb 10 2005, 04:55 PM
well its a brand new rebuild, so if it was bad it should be covered under some kind of warrenty by the shop shouldnt it?



yeah, but you're gonna have to fight em for it.
j9fd3s is offline  
Old 02-10-2005, 07:46 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: AL
Posts: 842
Default

Originally Posted by j9fd3s' date='Feb 10 2005, 07:40 PM
yeah, but you're gonna have to fight em for it.

I fight for my warranties using smooth talking, never raising my voice, and a 9mm.
Il RX8 lI is offline  
Old 02-10-2005, 08:13 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Creighton Nebraska
Posts: 772
Default

Originally Posted by j9fd3s' date='Feb 10 2005, 05:40 PM
yeah, but you're gonna have to fight em for it.



if i cant get it, i can sick my mom on em, lol, she's a bitch and no one say's no to her
nightwolf_4_98 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Install Ease Or Pita?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.